Maca powder– the root vegetable from Peru
A root vegetable from Peru that contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and all essential amino acids and is ideal in smoothies, lassis, nut milk and juices or combined with raw cacao.
- Contains vitamins (B1, B2, C, E), minerals and trace elements (including calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, zinc, copper, selenium, manganese, tin, iodine, phosphorus, sulphur, silicon and bismuth), complex alkaloids, fatty acids and sterols (organic molecules).
- Popular with mountaineers and extreme sports enthusiasts
- Certified Organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the leading organic certification organisation in Great Britain.
Maca can be enjoyed daily and is ideal in smoothies, lassis, nut milk and juices. Maca is also delicious when mixed with raw cacao superfood products, as this particular combination really brings out the best in both flavours. When consuming maca daily, it is recommended to abstain for one week in every month, as the product benefits are significantly improved and intensified this way.
“Mother Nature has already done the leg work, we simply package the results”, reads the slogan from Superfoodies, thesuperfood brand for those who yearn to feel fit and stay healthy.
If you’re someone who wishes to lead a healthy lifestyle, buy organic products and enjoy regular sports and/or exercise, then Superfoodies is for you! And regardless of whether you’re a devoted superfood fan already, or have only just discovered superfoods and are not too sure what to do with them, Superfoodies make it easy. Superfoodies show just how delicious healthy eating can really be, with their tempting range of ready-made raw food/superfood products (including smoothie mixes and granola) and a selection of delicious recipes. Superfoodies are making healthy eating fun, simple and delicious!
Superfoodies firmly believe in the power of nature - that’s why each and every Superfoodies product is unprocessed, never heated above 42 degrees (raw food) and certified organic. In addition, Superfoodies clearly communicate the origin of their superfoods, always choose for sustainable and ethical suppliers, are open about their ingredients, and honest about the composition and preparation of their products.
Quantity and Dosage
Stir 1 to 2 tablespoons (8 to 16 grams) daily into your favourite smoothie, juice or lassi. Gradually increase the maca dose, in order that your body can slowly adjust.
- In ancient Peru maca was considered so valuable that, at one point, it even served as a means of payment and was used to settle taxes
- By 1979 maca was barely cultivated in Peru and was even threatened with extinction. Thanks to the efforts and studies of one of Peru’s leading biologists however, interest in maca has increased again and the root vegetable is a popular superfood
- Shamans in the Andes believe that if someone eats maca, spirits will descend on earth to find suitable parents and reincarnate
- During Inca times the maca was often supplied to warriors prior to battle
Certified organic maca powder